Customer Service Agent
Department:Ground OperationsOur Company PromiseWe are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The People of Southwest Airlines come together to deliver on our Purpose, which is to connect People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. Our Customer Service Agents extend Hospitality to Southwest's Customers at the ticket counter, baggage service office, and gate area. Customer Service Agents are often the first Southwest Employee our Customers interact with during their travel experience and set a hospitable tone for our Customers' trip. They're friendly, patient problem solvers who enjoy multitasking and working in a dynamic, safe environment.
As a Bozeman (BZN) Customer Service Agent, you can expect:
Pay of $20 to $20 per hour*, with the opportunity for future increase per applicable collective bargaining agreement wage scale. Opportunities for overtime and shift premiums.
A union-based role that includes working assigned shifts based on seniority. Shifts can include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Opportunities for overtime and shift pick-ups. Mandatory overtime is a possibility based on operational need. *
U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current orfuture workauthorization sponsorship available.
Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights-your eligible dependents too.
Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck. **
Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit. ***
Explore more Benefits you'll love: swa.is/benefits
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Responsible for providing legendary Customer service to people desiring to travel, use cargo or baggage service by attending to their needs
- Handles any aspect of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service, reservations and resolving related complaints and problems
- Responsibilities include greeting and handling Customers in a polite and friendly manner. Handles cash, checks, credit cards, travel vouchers and coupons as forms of payment for tickets. Computes charges, makes change and balances daily transactions. Is responsible for overage or shortage
- Checks in baggage and Cargo. Answers telephone to provide information to callers, page customers, resolve problems or complaints and assist as needed. Handles transactions required to board the aircraft in a timely and efficient manner
- Deals with mishandled Customers as a result of oversells, delayed or cancelled flights, lost, delayed, or damaged luggage. Resolves such problems quickly and within guidelines established by the Company
- Provides current and accurate fare, schedule, reservations, flight arrival/departure information and answers all general inquiries from Customers and other visitors to the airport terminal
- Completes forms and reports as required by the Company
- Writes irregularity and complaint reports as required
- Duties may vary due to the size and organization of the station
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet demands of the job
- Able to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand ticketing procedures, rules and regulations
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public, and work under stressful situations
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete Customer Service Agent training program with an 80% or greater average and an evaluation period
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and Labor Agreement
- Must be able to perform all job functions within a limited space
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone, face to face and on public address systems
- Must possess good written and oral skills
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally or via radio equipment
- No education requirement
- No experience requirement
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights
- Physical Abilities
- Must be able to lift and/or move items up to 70 pounds on a regular basis and repetitively lift and/or move weights of 40 to 50 pounds onto raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel and stand on a frequent basis and for extended periods
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms
- Other Qualifications
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Ability to work shift work and/or overtime
- Foreign language skills are desirable, but not required
*Overtime pay is computed solely on base pay rate
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan's vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan's vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look